The City Science Initiative aims to strengthen the ways in which science and research can help address the urban challenges and to develop a structured approach to evidence-informed policy-making at cities' level. More specifically, this community aims at:
- Bring together professionals from different EU cities working on the interface between city-policies and research (‘City Science Officers’, CSO’s)
- Explore how research, science and technology can help cities to address the challenges at the local level.
- Promote discussion on ways through which science could help in addressing challenges faced by cities.
- Showcase the potential of the European Commission services and existing networks in supporting the efforts to strengthen the science and policy interface in cities.
- Promote and facilitate a European Network of City Science Officers.
- Explore the needs and priorities of cities in terms of evidence-based policy making.
- Facilitate linkages with other related initiatives.
More information can be found on the JRC website