Research and innovation contribute with evidence on how to address urban dilemmas, while supporting capacity building for urban transformation and turning wicked issues into synergistic potential. This needs to be supported by aligning ongoing related initiatives and activities, as well as building upon existing knowledge in order to achieve stronger synergies towards greater impact.
ENUTC aims at pooling resources from 16 participating research programme owners / managers of 14 countries to implement joint actions, including one main call and one additional call for proposals, in the area of urban transformation capacities.
The objectives of ENUTC are to:
- To enable capacity building in research, business, city administration and society for urban transformation;
- To support integrated approaches and solutions for sustainable urban development for the three topics of ENUTC: Urban circular economies, community-based developments and urban innovation ecosystems, and robust and resilient urban infrastructure and the built environment;
- To support transnational, pan-European research networking, community building and ensure synergies;
- To support activities which have a clear impact on transnational and evidence-based urban policies;
- To support research and innovation, which make a clear progress to reaching targets of the international policies, goals and missions;
Source: ENUTC - European Commission